Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Some Hope For The Hopeful

Some Hope for the Hopeful
Copyright © Kelvin Wilson
http://www.KelWilson.com


I just had to write about something I've noticed about many people. I've touched on this subject in a few of my articles before, but the more involved I get into building my web business the more I notice it. It is an overwhelming sense of powerlessness. It runs through our world like a disease. It leaves me thinking of things that I can personally do to reverse this trend of self victimization.

It saddens me to know that many people feel powerless in their daily lives. There's things many of us want to do but we have circumstances that we feel are beyond our control. We believe that these things hold us back from living the life we deserve. I believe any victim of circumstance is actually a victim of their own self limiting beliefs. We believe we are unqualified for a job so we don't even bother to apply. We believe we can't live in the house or location of our dreams, so we settle for what we think we can afford. We believe that we are undeserving of love and affection so we push anyone and everyone away who happens to draw close to us. We are constantly creating our own existence whether we are aware of it or not. Most of us are quite good at creating negative situations and negative occurrences in our lives. If only we could use our powers for the good!

Fortunately, we can. Just as we can draw negative situations into our lives, we can draw good ones just as easily. No one wants to have bad things happen to them, so why do so many reject any method or philosophy that focuses on personal power and positive thinking? It isn't an easy question to answer but I believe it boils down to conditioning.

Just think of what passes as good advice: "If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is." Or, "don't get your hopes up; you'll end up disappointed." And let's not forget "you need to be realistic." In our society, preparing for negative situations is considered to be a smart thing to do. But what happens when you put so much energy into what could go wrong? You wind up with no energy to put into what could be right! Dwelling upon negative circumstances also conditions us to just react, instead of actively creating. We become adept at reacting to negative situations(that we've created by putting so much energy into them) that our ability to create weakens to the point that we honestly believe that there are things beyond our control.

The truth of the mater is that there is nothing beyond our control but there are things we don't understand. I know the cynics who read this are quick to point out that we can't control things like death, natural disasters or other people. Let me quickly point out that controlling people is not something to be desired anyway. To have any kind of desire to control others shows a serious insecurity in yourself, and that is beyond the scope of this article. But as far as death and natural disasters go, perhaps it's a lack of understanding these events that prevent our control over them. And yes, the phrase "there is nothing beyond our control" is a very firm statement attempting to define a very elastic philosophy. Our language isn't perfect, but I try to express my view the best that I can.

I don't write articles like this for the cynical folks whose definition of reality is steeped in negativity. I speak to those brave souls who have not succumbed to the conditioning of the negative masses. I am here to encourage the individuals who look inward and can realize a power, a spark of something that they cannot quite define but know is real. I speak to those of you who expect the best, prepare for the best and whose reach exceeds their grasp. The faithful, powerful human beings who realize that their reality is theirs to create are my audience, and I make no apologies to the sarcastic, cynical masses that find my messages "too good to be true."

Because in my reality, "too good" is my truth.

No comments: